Responsibilities of Public Works
The Public Works Department is entrusted to provide, manage, and maintain the infrastructure and facilities owned by the Village of Round Lake Beach. The employees of the Public Works Department are committed to protecting the health, safety and general well-being of all Village residents by delivering outstanding public services and quality public infrastructure in a reliable, and efficient responsible manner.
Public Works News
Parkway Tree Trimmed Program starting the Week of January 10th and 17th
Advanced Tree Care Inc, a private firm contracted by the Village. Trimming is performed for the following reasons:
- To remove hazardous deadwood.
- To eliminate interference between low limbs and vehicles, such as snow plows and school buses.
- To clear stop signs, street lights and buildings.
- To improve overall tree health by reducing the opportunity for insect and disease infestation.
- To maintain the natural shape of the tree.
- To reduce the effects of wind and ice on branch stability.
- To repair storm damaged limbs.
The pruning of parkway trees is necessary for the continued growth and health of the Village’s leafy canopy.
Southeast Section of the Village:
Preventing Frozen Pipes
During extreme temperatures, please note the following tips for helping to prevent frozen pipes and potential damage to your property.
- Disconnect any hoses from the outside of your home, drain the hoses and store them in the garage. Make sure to close the indoor valves supplying these outdoor access points.
- Seal any wall cracks. Be sure to pay careful attention to the areas around utility service lines.
- Open kitchen cabinets. This allows the warm air to circulate around the pipes.
- Keep the garage doors closed to protect water lines.
- Allow your faucets to drip cold water on the coldest days. The movement will make it harder for the water to freeze.
- Keep your thermostat at the same temperature day and night. Never let it fall below 55 degrees Fahrenheit when you leave your home.
- Ensure you have proper seals on all doors and windows.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Snow & Ice Removal Program
The Snow and Ice Control Program was established to combat winter storms while maintaining public safety and preventing damage to life and property. Public Works Department is responsible for carrying out snow and ice control operations on Village streets and parking lots. Police Department helps monitor the pavement conditions after hours and notifying Public Works Department as snow and ice conditions develop.
Village of Round Lake Beach Responsibilities
- Round Lake Beach Area: 5.201 mi²
- Approximately 142 lane miles /90+ cul-de-sacs (Public Works/Contractor)
- Six (6) Parking Lots
- Certain but limited public sidewalks
Roads in and around the Village cleared by other agency
- State of Illinois Routes : IL Route 83
- Lake County Routes: Cedar Lake Road, Rollins Road, Fairfield Road, Monaville Road, Hainesville Road
- Private Roads: Cardinal Lane, Merriwood Lane, Circle Drive / Rollins Crossing (Brixmor).