Waste Disposal & Recycling
The Village of Round Lake Beach is currently under contract with Waste Management of Illinois for the disposal of refuse, recycling and yard-waste products.
Would you like to receive notifications or alerts from Waste Management and stay up to date on any delays or changes to your service pick up date? This short video will show you how to sign up for this helpful service.
Christmas Tree Recycling
Waste Management will be picking up Christmas trees (free of charge) during the first two weeks of January 2022. Please make sure they are curbside and the trunk of the tree is facing the road. The tree must be stripped of all lights, ornaments and garland. Do not put the tree in a plastic bag; plastic bags are not biodegradable.
Yard Waste Removal
- Waste Management will pick up yard waste April 1 through November 30, 2022
- Grass and leaves must be disposed of in brown paper yard waste bags or cans marked yard waste with a sticker on each bag or can.
- The bags or cans can weigh no more than 50 pounds each.
- Brush must be bundled and tied no longer than 4 feet in length and no longer than 2 feet in diameter.
- You can subscribe to the seasonal Yard Waste Pick-up Program. For an annual fee, residents are allowed to put 6 bags or 6 marked cans out per week. Please contact Waste Management for rate information. A sticker is needed for each container after 6. If you choose not to purchase an Annual Yard Waste Pick-up service you can purchase yard waste stickers for each bag, can or bundle you put out.
- The cost for yard waste stickers is $2.79 per sticker.
- Yard Waste Stickers can be purchased at:
- The Village Hall: 1937 North Municipal Way, Round Lake Beach
- Jewel Food Store: 900 E Rollins Road, Round Lake Beach
- Ace Hardware: 659 Railroad Avenue, Round Lake
Fall Leaf Pick-up
- Fall leaf pick up services will begin October 17 through November 30, 2022
- Bags must weigh no more than 50 pounds each and will be picked up your regular service day.
- Stickers will not be required for leaf bags only(not yard waste).
For questions, please contact Waste Management at 800-796-9696 or visit their website.
The Village of Round Lake Beach in partnership with the Solid Waste Agency of Lake County (SWALCO) offer a variety of programs for the disposal and/or recycling of clothing and textiles, sharps, electronics, and pharmaceuticals.
Residents can find information on local waste and recycling programs and events offered in Round Lake Beach and throughout the community by visiting SWALCO’s website.
Household Chemical Waste Recycling
Due to ongoing safety concerns associated with to COVID-19, SWALCO has modified its popular household chemical waste (HCW) collection program. All HCW collection events are currently being held on Saturdays at their Gurnee facility. This modification will continue into the summer months of 2021 when the agency will re-evaluate its collection program to possibly include a one-day mobile collection event in the Fall. In the meantime, to help address the increasing demand for more events; an additional collection event will be added to the Winter, Spring and early Summer months of 2021, dates to be determined. This will add a third event for those selected months, increasing the number of collection events from two events per month to three events per month (depending on demand). For the foreseeable future, all collection events are scheduled for Saturdays only.
Visit the HCW Program Page: http://www.swalco.org/165/Residential-HCW-Collection-Options for a list of other HCW collection locations.
SWALCO appreciates the efforts residents are making to properly manage household chemicals and we will continue to do our best to offer this important service.
Electronic Recycling is located on Sunset Drive South of Hawthorne Drive at the gated sanitary plant in Round Lake Beach. (Unofficial Address in Google Maps is 1110 Sunset Dr, Round Lake Beach).
First Tuesday of the month from 12:30 PM to 3:00 PM
Fourth Tuesday of the month from 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM
During snow operations, the Electronic Recycling location will be closed.
Call or email to schedule your appointment: 847-546-2351 Ext. 427 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not granted for next day appointment
For Round Lake Area Residents Only
No business or commercial Electronics are accepted.
Recycling Contamination Reduction Program
The Village Along with Waste Management and SWALCO are asking Round Lake Beach residents to help keep unacceptable materials such as plastic bags and plastic wrap out of your recycling carts. Beginning July 23, 2018, Waste Management and SWALCO started placing informational tags on your recycling carts. We ask that you help by following three simple rules when putting the things in your recycling cart.
1. Recycle all bottles, cans, paper and cardboard.
2. Keep food and liquids out of the recycling.
3. Empty recyclables directly into your recycling cart- No bagged recyclables.
If you find a red tag on your recycling cart that means that we found contaminants in your recycling. The collection truck driver will note on the red tag what materials are not acceptable. The driver will then collect the contents of the recycling cart. The following week your recycling cart will once again be checked to verify that you are no longer placing contaminates in with your recycling. If contaminants continue to be found, your cart will again be red tagged and the contents of the cart will not be collected. Contaminated recycling will then be picked up on your next regular service day provided that the unacceptable materials have been removed from the recycling cart. For more information on how to Recycle Right please review the links provided below.